June 9th, 2015 by
Father’s Day is June 21, you still have a little bit of time to find the perfect gift for your dad. Check out our top picks for any biker dad (or any biker in general).
1. Old Guys Rule Merchandise. From cleaver t-shirts and tank tops to decals and patches. He is sure to appreciate the message behind Old Guys Rule.
2. Transitional lens riding glasses. Its important to have a solid pair of riding glasses to protect your eyes not only from the sun, but also from anything that could potentialy shatter your glasses. Our transitional lens motorcycle glasses are made with polycarbonate shatter resistant lens’.
June 5th, 2015 by
Here is a quick round-up of some motorcycle rides in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania area for the first half of June:
May 31st, 2015 by
1. Understand the risks, and make sure the child understands what to do in the event of a crash.
2. Make sure the child is ready. Consider the maturity level of the child, are they good at following directions? Will they pay active attention to the surrounding while on the road? Could they be frightened from traffic sounds? There is not a specific age a child is ready to ride and there are no specific laws in regards to age.
May 19th, 2015 by
Choosing the right motorcycle helmet for you can be a overwhelming task. Picking the right style, color, size and safety level are the priorities everyone has and everyone want to look good while wearing one.
Does your state require a DOT approved helmet? The first point to decide on is is you want a DOT safety approved helmet or a novelty motorcycle helmet which is not approved. Some states have strict laws.
Next is style:
Half or shorty. – Half helmets are great for the rider who is not too excited about wearing a helmet but is obligated to obey state laws. HCI half helmets are some of the thinnest and lightest on the market and are often more comfortable.
April 7th, 2015 by
Spring is here and its April, if you get caught in the rain or “April Showers” be sure you are fully prepared to avoid disaster. Check out some tips for riding your motorcycle in the rain below.
1. Carry the proper gear. Be sure to keep a rain gear suit tucked in your motorcycle saddle bag. Make sure you purchase a rain suit made specifically for motorcycle riders, these suits will have heat guards on the pants and reflective piping to help other motorists see you when weather conditions are hazardous. Make sure your rain gear fits properly and is easy to access and put on. If you know before hand you will be traveling in rain, it is always good to invest in a waterproof pair of boots and waterproof gloves.
March 30th, 2015 by
Your motorcycle ride is going to take you on a whole new adventure with the latest TomTom for motorcycles that will be available in April 2015.
New features include ability to find roads with more twists, turns and curves and choosing the level of ups and downs you travel. Discover new routes simply by tapping a area on the screen map. Plan round trips and easily share them with fellow riding buddies. The TomTom rider is completely designed specifically for bikers.
Learn more at: http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/drive/motorcycle/index.html
March 28th, 2015 by
BMW is recalling alost 49K motorcycles both in the US and Canada because flanges that hold the rear wheel can crack if bolts are too tight. Several models are included in this recall including the following.
2006-2010 R1200GS Adventure
2008-2009 HP2 Megamoto
2006 HP2 Enduro
2008-2010 HP2 Sport
2006-2008 K1200R and K1200GT
March 23rd, 2015 by
Bike Night at the Cabin
NJ Elks MC Bike Rally for Brain Injured Children
Old Bridge NJ – 732-309-3337
Rolling Badges Bike Blessing
Mt. Ephraim NJ – 856-345-9477
March 21st, 2015 by
1.The popular Sons Of Anarchy style leather motorcycle vest has been updated with a hidden zipper front and side laces for a fresh new look. It is also made from our highest quality soft leather. Inside gun concealment pockets with extra padding for comfort as well as a single panel back that is great for patch work.
2. The Sons of Anarchy Vest has also been updated with a collarless version for guys who don’t like a collar poking at them, this new style also has a hidden zipper front and is made from the highest quality soft leather. Also with a single panel back great for bike club patches.