October 26th, 2015 by
Fall is in full swing and so are the new arrivals of ladies motorcycle jackets. If you want to be stylish this season check out the latest trending jacket for fall 2015, candy colored motorcycle jackets in bright fun colors and classic styles that are updated.
Do you love all things pink? They check out the new “Girly Girl” pink leather motorcycle jacket by First Manufacturing.
Bubble gum pink, scooter style leather motorcycle jacket with euro snap collar, made from premium cowhide leather.
A new must have style “The Fashionista” purple leather motorcycle jacket from First Manufacturing.
October 26th, 2015 by
As a motorcycle rider chances are you own a good amount of leather, weather its a leather motorcycle jacket, biker vest, gloves or a tool bag for your bike. You may not realize it but often times leather products can look alike, almost identical, but when you touch and feel them it becomes obvious that there is a great difference in quality. Ordering online can be difficult so I have created a helpful guide to use when purchasing leather online.
The first thing to look at is what type of leather the item is made of, there are several types broken down here:
August 24th, 2015 by
Motorcycle club and motorcycle gang, some use these terms interchangeably, but in the biker world there is a very big difference between the two.
Motorcycle gangs sometimes known as motorcycle outlaw clubs are organizations that use illegal methods to earn a profit. As seen on the popular TV show Sons Of Anarchy, “the Sons” who earned their profit in criminal activities such as “gun running” and illegal drug trafficking are considered a outlaw gang. These gangs are very organized and often are in and out of jail. Usually once someone is involved with one of these biker gangs they are considered life-time members and cannot get out if they change their minds. Members of these groups often use violence as retaliation against anyone who tries to mess with any of its members or their families.
June 9th, 2015 by
Father’s Day is June 21, you still have a little bit of time to find the perfect gift for your dad. Check out our top picks for any biker dad (or any biker in general).
1. Old Guys Rule Merchandise. From cleaver t-shirts and tank tops to decals and patches. He is sure to appreciate the message behind Old Guys Rule.
2. Transitional lens riding glasses. Its important to have a solid pair of riding glasses to protect your eyes not only from the sun, but also from anything that could potentialy shatter your glasses. Our transitional lens motorcycle glasses are made with polycarbonate shatter resistant lens’.
June 5th, 2015 by
Here is a quick round-up of some motorcycle rides in the New Jersey and Pennsylvania area for the first half of June:
May 31st, 2015 by
1. Understand the risks, and make sure the child understands what to do in the event of a crash.
2. Make sure the child is ready. Consider the maturity level of the child, are they good at following directions? Will they pay active attention to the surrounding while on the road? Could they be frightened from traffic sounds? There is not a specific age a child is ready to ride and there are no specific laws in regards to age.
May 19th, 2015 by
Choosing the right motorcycle helmet for you can be a overwhelming task. Picking the right style, color, size and safety level are the priorities everyone has and everyone want to look good while wearing one.
Does your state require a DOT approved helmet? The first point to decide on is is you want a DOT safety approved helmet or a novelty motorcycle helmet which is not approved. Some states have strict laws.
Next is style:
Half or shorty. – Half helmets are great for the rider who is not too excited about wearing a helmet but is obligated to obey state laws. HCI half helmets are some of the thinnest and lightest on the market and are often more comfortable.
April 7th, 2015 by
Spring is here and its April, if you get caught in the rain or “April Showers” be sure you are fully prepared to avoid disaster. Check out some tips for riding your motorcycle in the rain below.
1. Carry the proper gear. Be sure to keep a rain gear suit tucked in your motorcycle saddle bag. Make sure you purchase a rain suit made specifically for motorcycle riders, these suits will have heat guards on the pants and reflective piping to help other motorists see you when weather conditions are hazardous. Make sure your rain gear fits properly and is easy to access and put on. If you know before hand you will be traveling in rain, it is always good to invest in a waterproof pair of boots and waterproof gloves.
March 30th, 2015 by
Your motorcycle ride is going to take you on a whole new adventure with the latest TomTom for motorcycles that will be available in April 2015.
New features include ability to find roads with more twists, turns and curves and choosing the level of ups and downs you travel. Discover new routes simply by tapping a area on the screen map. Plan round trips and easily share them with fellow riding buddies. The TomTom rider is completely designed specifically for bikers.
Learn more at: http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/drive/motorcycle/index.html
March 28th, 2015 by
BMW is recalling alost 49K motorcycles both in the US and Canada because flanges that hold the rear wheel can crack if bolts are too tight. Several models are included in this recall including the following.
2006-2010 R1200GS Adventure
2008-2009 HP2 Megamoto
2006 HP2 Enduro
2008-2010 HP2 Sport
2006-2008 K1200R and K1200GT