There’s something about riding on a motorcycle, touring cities and country roads, nimbly negotiating turns and seeing the scenery close up. This experience used to be only one that men enjoyed but today ladies are throwing on their women’s leather motorcycle jackets and hitting the road in ever-increasing numbers.
According to the latest figures provided by the Motorcycle Industry Council, approximately 7.2 million women in the U.S. operate motorcycles. And while this is a small percentage of the 27 million overall, the number continues to grow. With the increase of women on bikes the motorcycle apparel and accessories industry has changed as well. In the past, women had to be happy with men’s leather motorcycle vests, boots and gloves. However today, women can find all kinds of girl-friendly items.
So, in celebration of all those gals on the road and just in time for Mother’s Day, here is a list of motorcycle products mom will be thrilled to receive:
- Women’s Premium Cowhide Motorcycle Vest — This stylish black motorcycle vest was designed to accentuate the female form. It has a five antique silver snap closure and plenty of pockets. Although it is lined with heavy duty black polyester with orange trim, the arm holes are trimmed with black textile to keep the lining from view. The hardware on this super-comfortable vest is non-rusting and non-corroding.
- Women’s Double Belted Leather Motorcycle Chap Pants — Made from ultra-soft milled cowhide leather, these hip-hugging chaps have a low-rise fit with adjustable straps. Thigh lace adjusters ensure a snug fit on the thighs. They also have full mesh lining and snap boot cuffs.
- Women’s Milwaukee Motorcycle Boot “Dare Devil” — These short Milwaukee motorcycle boots have freedom flex soles which give them an already-broken-in feel. A 7″ side zipper makes for easy on and off. Not only are they ride-appropriate footwear, the beautiful stitching and leather make these boots stylish as well.
- Women’s Premium Studded Leather Motorcycle Gloves — The studded detailing make them perfect to wear with your women’s leather motorcycle jacket. The lightly lined gloves provide great protection and have gel padding for comfort.
- Women’s Pink Foam Padded Motorcycle Glasses – The best thing about these sassy glasses is that a portion of each pair sold goes to breast cancer research. They feature a UV 400 filter for maximum sun protection and are shatterproof and scratch-resistant.
- Full Face Pink Dragon’s Breath Motorcycle Helmet — Lightweight and fully vented, this eye-catching helmet meets or exceeds DOT standards. It boasts adjustable top and chin vents and straps for maximum comfort.
Once mom has all the gear she needs, you might want to check out the newest models of bikes designed just for women. Visit a motorcycle dealer near you or check out Harley-Davidson USA for a selection of bikes.
For helpful tips on motorcycle riding in all seasons, subscribe to the Leather Bound Online blog where you’ll find helpful articles and new product updates.